- Remote Authentication Dial In User Service, a network authentication protocol. Used to authenticate, authorize and provide accounting for Internet services.
- Any kind of billing, provisioning or client management software BlissRADIUS Embedded is used with that provides service information needed for RADIUS. It doesn't have to be running on same computer nor share same database with BlissRADIUS Embedded. They communicate two-way using HTTP protocol (web requests).
- In this case used metaphorically (not hardware embedded).
BlissRADIUS Embedded is standalone RFC compliant RADIUS server designed with following goals:
To function embedded in existing client provisioning (billing) host software.
To have minimal maintenance and administrative costs.
To work seamlessly in background.
If required, to work without embedding and manage clients and services from local database via built-in web interface in local mode, effectively working host-less or self-hosting.
As such, BlissRADIUS Embedded have minimal web user interface designed for initial configuration and system maintenance. All daily tasks are done via host software. BlissRADIUS Embedded tries to be invisible and unobtrusive as possible.
BlissRADIUS Embedded is contained in single executable file with all dependencies included. It doesn't requires any shared libraries. This greatly simplifies installation and upgrade.
Check compatibility notes about third party software you may use with BlissRADIUS Embedded.
Please take note that this manual and BlissRADIUS Embedded itself are work in progress and that product may differ from information provided here.
Copyright © 2014 - 2019 LightBulb Software™ All Rights Reserved.
- BlissRADIUS Embedded™ 1.7 maintenance release is out.
- BlissRADIUS Embedded™ 1.6 is out with incremental improvements and new usability features.
- BlissRADIUS Embedded™ 1.5 is released with new proxy features and advanced caching for better resilience.
- BlissRADIUS Embedded™ 1.4 maintenance release is out! No significant changes, lot of small fixes. And we finally updated documentation on custom integration.
- BlissRADIUS Embedded™ 1.3 is released. It is incremental release with more fixes and tweaks than new features.
- BlissRADIUS Embedded™ 1.2 is out! It brings many performance and stability enhancements.
- BlissRADIUS Embedded™ 1.0 is out! This is important milestone that marks more than a year of successful production use. 1.0 is backward compatible with 0.x and brings incremental improvements and bug fixes.
- BlissRADIUS Embedded™ 0.9 brings integration with Blesta billing. There is also a new "local" standalone mode to run program without third-party billing. Manual has been updated accordingly.